The year 2016 is ending, so it’s a good time for a short sum up. Unlike a “typical pole” would, I’m not going to do any complaining. In fact, I’ll do quite the opposite – I want to share all the things I accomplished this year – maybe it will inspire you to appreciate your own achievements of 2016 as well? Let’s start being appreciative of all the good things in life – despite the sometimes hostile circumstances (you know what I mean).
I sure had a very busy year in the professional field of my life, which is very important to me:
• We played “Spank! 50 shades of Grey” a hundred times – in Teatr Polonia and in theatres all around Poland. Here’s to another hundred shows, each one with a full audience!
• We had a “Spank!” tournée in New York and New Jersey. Such an amazing experience! We want to play this show all around the world!
• “The map of the disappearing world”, the 4-episode documental TVv show hosted by me, had its premiere on TVP1 and was being emitted on TVP Polonia. It’s a very important project – together with the crew we visited Kenya, Sri Lanka, Madagascar and Vietnam to see those countries with our own very eyes and then show the viewers why so many species of biota and wildlife are in danger of extinction and what actions should we undertake to save them from it.
• I started shooting a new TV show, which will most likely start its emission in 2017 on one of the biggest polish television channels.
• I had the very pleasure of being a member of the Jury at the Gdynia Film Festival and at Węgiel International Student Film Festival in Katowice – and, what’s more, I got to see plenty of very good films directed by young, talented people.
• I had the pleasure of running free film courses for teenagers called „MASTERCLASS – Film School”, which were a part of the CINEMAFORUM Film Festival in Warsaw
• I took part in the Congress of Polish Students at Leicester University in the UK, where I shared my thoughts with young people. I talked about overcoming obstacles in career development that occur both in our country and abroad.
• I quit the „Oniegin” play at Teatr Romana – as I was creating the play in a different theatre with Agnieszka Glińska.
I am also proud that in 2016 I accomplished a lot in another very important field for me – travelling and actions connected to saving the natural environment.
• Together with Krzysztof Zanussi we became the first polish Sustainable Development Goals Advocates of UN. The purpose of this honorable function is to make sure that as many people as possible hear UN’s message about the most important challenges the mankind has to face nowadays. It’s about raising awareness that all our actions –our everyday choices, the decisions we make each day, even the smallest actions we undertake or fail to do so – it all has an actual, real impact on our environment, the quality of our lives and the condition of the entire planet.
• By taking part in the 4 episode documental TV show “The map of the disappearing world”, I had the opportunity to tell the viewers what can be done to save the endangered species using my own words – but I already mentioned this while writing about my professional achievements.
• I took part in the “Weekend for elephants” event at Nowe ZOO in Poznań. Its purpose was joining the international protest against ivory trade and supporting international actions dedicated to saving the endangered species of African and Asian elephants.
As for my public activity, I want to mention some of the very touching moments I was lucky enough to experience while supporting the indefatigable Przemek Szaliński and his Foundation dedicated to helping children.
Right before Christmas I took an attempt at starting a blog on naTemat.pl. Many people were touched by it only after the very first. I want to thank everyone for the very kind words and for those criticizing – I’m sending new year wishes your way as well.
Last but not least – my health. I am very glad that my postponed knee surgery and the rehabilitation process after it were successful. Thanks to that I can walk, be on stage and film sets and travel – which is something that, as you know, gives me a lot of happiness, especially when I actually get to do something good for others and the environment while traveling.
I won’t mention my private life – there’s a reason it’s called private. But there’s nothing to complain about in this field either. It’s good to have someone wise and valuable by your side.
And how was your 2016? What did you manage to accomplish? Let’s give ourselves the right to be happy about our successes and let’s start the New Year with faith and hope. So, to myself and to all of you – best wishes for the upcoming year of 2017.